What Is Public Relations and how it can benefit your business
Public relations is a strategic communication process for companies, individuals, and organizations use to build relationships with the public that are mutually beneficial.
The objective of PR
The main objective of public relations is to maintain a positive reputation of the brand image and maintain a strategic relationship with the public, future customers, partners, investors, employees and other stakeholders which leads to building a positive image of the brand and makes the campaign seem honest, successful, important, and relevant.
The functions of PR:
- Taking in, analysing, and interpreting the public opinion and attitudes of the public towards the brand and creating strategies which use free or earned media to influence and change the reputation or the brand image.
- Creating and drafting strategies to support the brand’s every campaign and new move through editorial content.
- Writing and distributing press releases.
- Planning and executing special public outreach and media relations events.
- Writing content for the web.
- Handling the social media presence of the brand and responding to public reviews on social media & websites.
- Counselling the employees of the organization with regard to policies, course of action, organizational responsibility and their responsibility as employees.
- Dealing with government and legislative agencies on behalf of the organization.
- Dealing with public groups and other organizations with regard to social and other policies of the organization and legislation of the government.
- Handling investor relations.
Types of PR:
- Media Relations: Establishing a good relationship with the media organizations and acting as their content source. Providing them the material for the coverage you need and what you want to attract.
- Investor Relations: Handling investors events, releasing financial reports and regulatory filings. Then handling investors, analysts and media queries and complaints.
- Government Relations: Representing the brand to the government with regard to fulfillment of policies like corporate social responsibility, fair competition, consumer protection etc. You can read our article about corporate social responsibility and its importance.
- Community Relations: Handling the social aspect of the brand and establishing a positive reputation in the social market about environment protection, education.
- Internal Employee Relations: Counselling the employees of the organization with regard to ethics, policies, course of action, organization’s responsibility and their responsibility. Cooperating and guiding them during special product launches and events.
- Customer Relations: Handling relationships with the target market and your current audience. Conducting market research to know more about interests, attitudes, and priorities of the customers and crafting strategies to influence the same using earned media.
- Marketing Communications: Supporting marketing efforts relating to product launch, special campaigns, brand awareness, image, and positioning.