Tips on repairing your Brand Image
In one of our previous articles we provided you with 9 tips on how to build your Brand Awareness. Now, we are going to give you some tips to repair any damage done on your Brand Image. As Warren Buffet once said “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.”
Nowadays, Internet plays a huge role in maintaining brand image. You can skyrocket your brand awareness to consumers in a couple of months or destroy it in just a couple of minutes. Why? Because, news in the Internet can go viral and everybody can learn about the “One thing that went wrong” with your business. So, be careful on how you conduct business and make sure your employees are ethical and careful.
There are other simple tips or steps you can undertake repair your Brand Image:
- Don’t be afraid to address your past. Address your past and don’t be afraid of it. Acknowledge what the company has done wrong. Apologize and have an action plan to make it right. This can be achieved in social media, interviews etc.
- Take control of the conversation about your brand. Create chats online to catch negative conversations about your company before they reach bloggers and online media.
- Understand complaints your brand receives. Use social media to solve customer misunderstandings. This will reduce overall complaints and attract new audiences at the same time.
- Be proactive in order to prevent issues from turning into crises. Use decision trees that include the steps to take when an issue surfaces online or within the media for faster handling of potential issues.
- Take on complaints offline when possible. This ensures both a faster response for the customer, and less visibility about the issue at hand.
- Be quick to apologize to customer complaints. Remember that a happy customer uses word of mouth and spreads it positively. An unhappy customer does the same but on a bigger extend. A customer who had an issue resolved does this the best. This is a great way to build achieve happy customers and strong relationships.
- Be honest when handling client issues. Being honest means telling the customer what happened so they understand the issue. Never lie or make excuses.
- Use testimonials from your customers. Positive feedback from customers can help boost any brand image problems.
- Reward your most loyal customers. Make your customers and supporters feel appreciated by giving them exclusive content, products or experiences. Build relationships!
- Great things need patience. Building brand reputation and spreading awareness doesn’t happen overnight. Remember, rebuilding brand image is an even longer process.